DiGRA is the premiere international association for academics and professionals who research digital games and associated phenomena. DiGRA 2020 is the first time the international conference organised by the association arrives to Finland, but originally DiGRA (the Digital Games Research Association) was established in Tampere, after the Computer Games and Digital Cultures conference, which tool place in 2002. In 2020, there is an opportunity to revisit the original vision and reflect on the past two decades.
Theme of DiGRA 2020 is “Play Everywhere”, exploring the workings of play and games as wide-ranging cultural phenomena which have shaped many areas of society.
The conference is co-hosted by the Centre of Excellence in Game Culture Studies (CoE-GameCult), a joint effort of game research teams in three universities (Tampere, Turku, and Jyväskylä). There is more information about the Centre in: https://coe-gamecult.org.
General information email contact: info (at) digra2020.org.
- Program Chairs: Sabine Harrer, Tomasz Z. Majkowski and Hanna Wirman.
- Conference Chair (Local Chair): Frans Mäyrä
- Conference Secretary: Elina Koskinen.
- Local Organising Committee (CoE GameCult Steering Group): Frans Mäyrä, Raine Koskimaa, Olli Sotamaa, Jaakko Suominen.
- Workshop Chair: Thomas Apperley.
- Proceedings Chair: Dale Leorke.
- In collaboration with: Digital Games Research Association – DiGRA; President: William Huber.
More organiser information will be updated here.