Submission opens: 1 October 2019 Full paper, abstract, and panel submission deadline: 29 November8 December 2019 Workshop submission deadline: 13 December 2019
- Acceptance/rejection announcements:
20 January 202031 January 2020
- Workshop participation deadline: 14 February 2020
- Review results for workshop participants: 18 February 2020
- Early bird registration & program deadlines: 13 March 2020
- Camera-ready papers & abstracts deadline: 3 April 2020
- Conference dates: 3-6 June 2020
About DiGRA 2020
DiGRA is the premiere international association for academics and professionals who research digital games and associated phenomena. DiGRA 2020 is the first time the international conference organised by the association arrives to Finland, but originally DiGRA (the Digital Games Research Association) was established in Tampere, after the Computer Games and Digital Cultures conference, which tool place in 2002. In 2020, there is an opportunity to revisit the original vision and reflect on the past two decades.
Theme of DiGRA 2020 is “Play Everywhere”, exploring the workings of play and games as wide-ranging cultural phenomena which have shaped many areas of society.
The conference is co-hosted by the Centre of Excellence in Game Culture Studies (CoE-GameCult), a joint effort of game research teams in three universities (Tampere, Turku, and Jyväskylä). There is more information about the Centre in: https://coe-gamecult.org.
General information email contact: info (at) digra2020.org.
- Conference Chair (Local Chair): Frans Mäyrä
- Conference Secretary: Elina Koskinen
- Local Organising Committee (CoE GameCult Steering Group): Frans Mäyrä, Raine Koskimaa, Olli Sotamaa, Jaakko Suominen
- Workshop Chair: Thomas Apperley
- Proceedings Chair: Dale Leorke
- Program Chairs: Sabine Harrer, Tomasz Z. Majkowski and Hanna Wirman
- Track chairs:
- Philosophy and Theory of Play & Games: Sybille Lammes & Daniel Vella
- Game Analyses, Criticism and Interpretation: Suely Fragoso & Yong Ming Kow
- Game History and Cultural Context: Carly Kocurek & Jaroslav Švelch
- Play and Players: Paul Martin & Susana Tosca
- Game Design, Production and Distribution: Sonia Fizek & Emma Westecott
- Serious Games and Education: Michał Mochocki & Katta Spiel
- In collaboration with: Digital Games Research Association – DiGRA; President: William Huber
More organiser information will be updated here.